CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Let’s Try This Again

Let’s see, the last time I posted… was in November. Okaaaay. Before that… August. Before that… One post in July. One in June. Two in May. And I started this blog in April. Let’s just pretend for a moment that I actually have readers who care about any of this and keep talking. So, I’m clearly having some trouble with my writing here. Now, there’s been stuff going on in my life and there’s been the good ol’ writer’s block, and I’m working through all that, but mainly why I haven’t been able to write much is because I’ve been learning. And what I’ve learnt is that there is a shitload of stuff I need to… learn.

When I started this blog I was angry, I was opinionated, I had been reading anti-oppression theories for about a year and felt I had gained a pretty good handle on identifying what was wrong with the world. Well, I still get angry, I’m still opinionated, I still read anti-oppression stuff, but I no longer feel that I have a pretty good handle on pointing out the many, many issues that are wrong with the world and solving them. Maybe a pinkie hold. But definitely not a good, strong grasp. To be frank, I just don’t think I’m ready to comment on stuff I know nothing about. I now look at some of the things I’ve posted and I cringe because that is exactly what I did there. So, I thought, and I decided, that I would go out, get to know people, do things, experience life, and grow up some; because I have read about the world, a lot, and I’ve thought about the world, a lot, but I haven’t experienced the world much. It’s been mostly theories for me, and I need some practical experience to form and express informed opinions about things. And so, I haven’t been feeling comfortable sharing my thoughts with the world and been avoiding blogging.

I’m still a feminist, I’m still a vegan abolitionist, and I will still post about anti-oppression, it’s just that I will be much more uncertain about my opinions and I will keep them to myself to a greater extent than I did before, and more importantly, I will admit it to myself when I have no idea what I’m talking about. And while I’m learning, I’d like to make my blogging experience a more positive one by talking more about creative stuff. I’ve been reading a lot of fiction, I’ve started exploring music and I’ve started experimenting with food. Let’s focus on them for now and hope it works out this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read my General Information and Commenting Rules page before leaving a comment. You can use some basic HTML tags for formatting your text. I look forward to reading your comment!